The benefits of stackable IP switches are now available for SANs. The SANbox®
5202 stackable switch delivers the seamless scalability and performance of a chassis switch in an easy-to-manage, pay-as-you-grow
Start small, then expand as your needs grow.
- Entry as low as eight ports, then scale in four-port software-keyed increments
- Each chassis includes sixteen 2Gb ports, plus a four-pack of high-speed 10Gb ISL ports.
- Built-in graphical user interface (GUI) with installation/configuration wizards
- 8, 12 or 16 auto-detecting 2Gb/1Gb device ports
(4-port 2Gb/1Gb and/or 10Gb field upgrade licenses available)
- 4 10Gb ports for high-speed stacking links.
- Stacking of up to 4 units for 64 available user ports
- Non-Disruptive Code Load and Activation (NDCLA)
- Dual hot-swap power supply
- Configuration, zoning and extended distance wizards to simplify switch installation and fabric scaling.
- Interoperable with all FC-SW-2 compliant Fibre Channel switches
- Full-fabric, public-loop or switch-to-switch connectivity on 2Gb/1Gb ports
- Full-fabric or switch-to-switch connectivity on 10Gb ports
- Auto-sensing, self-configuring ports
- Fabric Tracker tool for fabric-wide snapshots and detection of configuration changes.
- Non-blocking full-bandwidth architecture
- I/O StreamGuard for RSCN suppression
- "No-Wait" routing - guaranteed maximum performance independent of data traffic
- Industry's lowest latency for maximum performance
- SFP (small form pluggable) connectivity - 16 front ports in a 1U full-width rack form-factor
- SANsurfer® Switch Manager open management system designed for seamless operation with higher-level third-party management applications
- In-band, out-of-band, Telnet and SNMP management access
- ASIC-embedded memory - faster, more scalable and more reliable than shared memory architecture.
Breakthrough Ease of Use
The first Fibre Channel stackable switches to be configured and zoned with simple wizards. Plus, SANsurfer Management Suite makes stack management easy throughout your SAN lifecycle by helping you install, configure, monitor, diagnose and upgrade your QLogic HBAs and switches all from ONE application.
Incredibly Low Cost
Starting at 8 ports, SANbox 5202 stackable switches offer an easy entry point affordable to the smallest business. And with an easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI), you won't have to hire a SAN expert to manage your stack.
Of course you can add, change or delete switches without disrupting your storage network.
Interoperable with popular servers, storage and networking products from major manufacturers including ADIC, Apple, Brocade, Cisco, Computer Associates, Dell, EMC, Emulex, HDS, HP, IBM, LSI, McData Microsoft, Quantum, StorageTek, Sun, VERITAS and many others.
Blazing 10 Gb Performance
The first SAN product to support traffic between switches, servers and storage at up to 10Gb per second, six times faster than 2Gb networks being deployed today. A single, 10Gb inter-switch link (ISL) ensures low latency between switches and eliminates the cost and complexity of trunking up to six 2 Gb ports.